The Cien Amigos Education Fund and the Consulate General of Mexico in Sacramento, with the support of the Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME), are pleased to announce the Cien Amigos – IME Scholarship Fund to encourage the educational success of Mexican-origin students in California.
The Cien Amigos–IME Scholarship Committee will accept applications for 2021 College Scholarships beginning June 01, 2021. Deadline for applications is July 15, 2021.
Terms and Eligibility Requirements
A) College/University Scholarships
The Cien Amigos Education Fund-IME Becas scholarship will award. one-time scholarships to individuals, in the amount of $2,000 dollars each, for full-time enrollment for the 2021/22 academic year. In order to be eligible to apply for a College Scholarship you must:
- Be a full-time college/university undergraduate student, or a high school graduate with a college/university letter of acceptance.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher. (Weighted/cumulative)
- Comply with the residence requirement, within the Northern California eligible counties*, based on one of the following:
- Applicant must live/study High School/University/College within eligible counties,
- University/College must be located within eligible counties,
- Applicant’s parents must live within eligible counties.
- Provide a copy of the following documents:
- For undergraduate college/university students, an official transcript and enrollment verification letter with a GPA stated (for undergraduate students); high school transcript (for HS graduates).
- Official document of acceptance to a higher education institution (For HS graduates).
- Provide document that proves compliance with the residence requirement. Only in case 1 or 2 are located outside the eligible counties.
- Provide a 500-word-maximum essay. The essay should describe your personal situation, the reasons you are pursuing higher education, and the ways in which you plan to use your education for the benefit of your community.
AB 540 students are encouraged to apply.
- Applications for the scholarships will be online only.
- Applications will be open on June 01, 2021.
- The application deadline will be July 15, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- All supporting documents are to be scanned by each applicant and uploaded at the application website, in a PDF or JPEG format.
- All incomplete applications will be discarded (make sure you upload every document needed -proof of enrolment with GPA, proof of residence, essay).